Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Man Who Planted Trees

Hiho! This week in the news: Canadian Animator Frederic Back is Honoured by Hollywood.
I wasn't familiar with his works, so thanks to Google, I was able to watch 'The Man Who Planted Trees' online. I must say, I was very moved by the story and enchanted by the animation. It really is a work of art. Anyway, I wanted to share the film with you - so grab a healthy snack and have a 30 minute break from the hustle and bustle of whatever it is you're doing (i.e. Pounding away on that thesis...) I don't want to spoil the story for you, so I won't tell you anything other than it is about a man who finds serenity and hope in simplicity and nature. A breath of fresh air...

http://www.moviesfoundonline.com/man_who_planted_trees.php

If you would like to read the CBC article on Frederic Back click here.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: