Friday, November 23, 2007

A Day in the Life of a Lizard

Argyle Wigglesworth, Esq.

After my lights turn on at 7:30 am, I usually start the day by slowly waking up in amongst the foliage of the jade plants in my habitat. Once I've woken up, I saunter over to my sunning branch and warm up my little scaly body. At 8:30, the skies open up and lettuce or carrot tops magically appear in the corner of my house. I run over enthusiastically and sample some of this delectible appetizer. A few moments later, I hear the bag rustle outside -- it's bug time. I run to that side of the glass and wait anxiously - running back and forth in anticipation. Mom comes over and pours the crickets in my bowl. If I feel like hunting - I just wait and she lets a few out a time for me to hunt down with my jungle cat-like reflexes. Otherwise, I just dive headfirst into the bowl and eat them all in one bite. This messy display of gratifying munching often results in a cricket leg being stuck to my face. Mom usually pulls it off for me... After breakfast, I adjourn back to my sunning branch and digest, feeling and looking somewhat like a stuffed sausage.

Later in the morning, Mom lifts me out for playtime - whether I like to or not. We snuggle, look out the window, and then I get to run around the house and explore. I can often be found in the folds of her jacket, peeking out occasionally or by the door. That furnace vent is shifty and needs more exploration. When I start to get cold, Ma puts me back in my house to warm up.

For the rest of the day, I usually just sun myself, toodle around occasionally and basically just sloth around.

Lunch consists of more crickets -YUM.

When the lights go off around 7 pm, I'm usually ready and worn out from an extrenuous day. I curl up in my jade plants again, in whatever position is comfortable, close my eyes, and hibernate until morning for another day of grueling hunting and suntanning...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cuuuuute;) but aren't you scared he'll run away when you let him run around the house? i would be.
can we have a pic where he's smiling?
k.