Thursday, April 12, 2007

Aloha, Willkommen, Bienvenue, Hola, Etc.

Welcome to our first session. Just relax...this may pinch slightly.

"Hmmm..." I thought, "A blog, eh? Isn't that just a maniacal tool devised for procrastination during thesis writing? .....(sounds of a hamster wheel spinning) ..... Great! Where do I sign up?" And that was the last chapter Ernie ever saw....
Well, I guess I've finally joined the land of computer geekdom along with the rest of my colleagues. Actually, I'm pretty pumped. I'm looking forward to spouting off some inane nonsense on a regular basis. This is great. Finally - a justification for talking to myself.

I'm looking foward to hearing from all of you! I hope you find this blog entertaining, educational, and nutritious. It's been fortified with 8 essential nutrients.

PS- I was just joking about that last chapter thing... Really. No, seriously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo!!! so glad you bit the bullet at last:)
it's fun here, and ppl, like, pay attention to you and, like, never can get away from you 'cause it's, like, cyberspace an'all...
but seriously, blogging is thesis SUPPORTIVE not counterproductive. really. it is.
K.

Dr. L said...

Thanks, K!
Hmm, I wonder if anyone has submitted a thesis in blog format?

Anonymous said...

is that a dare?
k.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Nice to see you have joined us. It is all okay if everyone else is doing it (I've always wanted to jump off a bridge!). Looking forward to your posts.

D